What is it like to be a modern girl in a modern world?

Endgame has been released. Few days before the release, when I was booking my tickets, I was really sad because there was no morning show in English in my city. The earliest was 6:10 pm. The movie is so long that it would have ended by 9:30 or so. When I shared my problems with my (male) friend, he said that I was a modern girl and 9:30 is not too late. I answered him in just two lines: yes, I’m a modern girl but this is India and it’s better to be safe than sorry.

As a modern girl, I’ve always spoken for what I believe. I have always talked about independence and sometimes fought for it with my family. I have a very logical thinking for most cases. I have always been a rebellious child. Many times I’ve changed the way the elders used to think about a topic, positively. But there’s one thing I never argue with my family about. I’m not allowed to be out of my house after 8 pm. And I have never rebelled against it. I don’t know whether this fact makes me less modern or more practical. I don’t know whether it’s normal but when I walk a street alone, I am always afraid. If I see someone staring at me, I feel suspicious. At night, I ride my scooty so fast just to reach home as soon as possible.

I don’t know when I started being afraid of strangers but these daily report of rapes and harrassments are not helping. It’s been few days since that question but it’s still storming my mind. If all these thoughts make me less modern? If I was more modern, would I have been safe on the streets? I have a dream of riding my scooty on empty road, in moonlight and somehow I have no will to fulfill it.

7 Likes

It’s sad to read that our own country, our own locality, our own people aren’t able give the assurity of being safe of our own. Still waiting for a day, when there will be no news of harassments, iftising, rapes, and all; we have to bring the change, and we can, keep yourself strong, keep fighting with the world. I wish your dream will come true, one day. :heart::heart:

2 Likes

Yeah… I really want to see a better India

2 Likes

very interesting and presentable, good selection of topic and equally awesome penned.

1 Like

Hey don’t worry one day your all dreams will be with you just little a bit of patience you will bang on we know

2 Likes

1 Like

Finger crossed :slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

1 Like

Can’t guarantee about world, but surely you’ll win one day :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Don’t worry if you want we can connect each other see keep smiling because it’s the precious asset of yours

2 Likes

Then I shall keep fighting :relieved::relieved::relieved::relieved:

Thanks a lot… Sure we can… I’ll keep that in mind :slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t get sad, things will only get better from here. and we are here for your support.

1 Like

Thanks. that’s really kind. But all I want is to be strong enough to help others and make girls feel safe. I just wanted to bring this topic to light. And yeah ofcourse the question. It’s my story but not personal. I guess others can relate to it too and realise that things need to be changed :relieved:

1 Like

things must be changed in this case and yes, a girl should be strong enough to fight with such things and we/you can help her feeling powered and safe, We’ll succeed.
I wish you get success in this and god bless you for such wonderful reason you want to help others.

1 Like

Fingers crossed :slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

Are you available for chat here Instagram then you can get quick smile

1 Like

Smh this post is giving the impression that I’m sad :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:… But yeah ofcourse… Ping me on it… Username’s fictionalflaw :blush::blush::blush:

3 Likes

:grin::grin:

1 Like