Today's challenge-Short Story Writing

Today’s challenge

“Today’s actually a very special day for us. It’s our fifty-seventh wedding anniversary.”

Use your own imagination and write a short story of love using the line written above. :slightly_smiling_face:
Let us read your own version of love! :thought_balloon:

This challenge will end at midnight today. :slightly_smiling_face:

The best one will be featured on our social media handles. :slightly_smiling_face:
Keep writing. :writing_hand:

4 Likes

c2f716b6bc08225c0e558c1ec7ab0fab

Every morning of his starts with a 90s playlist, followed by the day’s news in the mobile, a walk in the park completed with a health drink at completion of the morning routine. For her it starts with the grandchildren, preparing them morning milk followed by the breakfast.
For the couple every vacation was blissful as they had their grandchildren with them to play while their children (2 children and their spouses) were busy, even on vacations.
Suddenly one day on the vacations this elderly couple went missing the previous evening and the next morning.
Their children were tensed, went in search of them, but couldn’t find them the whole night and the next morning they came home around 11am.
The toddlers went running towards them and hugged them in joy to see them back. But not their children. The young couples were staring and started asking questions on their vanishing.
The elderly couple was silent, the old man took out some bags from the car and came in, gathered all in the living room and handed each one a bag. The grandchildren were curious and opened it, “New Dress” they were jumping in joy hugging the elderly couple. One of the toddler’s father questioned the old man “What is this? You people went missing yesterday and are coming home today that too with presents? What are you thinking of yourselves in this age?”

The old woman started to explain but the old man stopped her. Still the lady told “He told we had to shop, after that he took me out for dinner, we stayed in a hotel, today morning went to temple and came straight home!!”
“Straight home??” Asked their daughter in law.
The young couples were confused and a silence was maintained for a few minutes. And when they again started to ask the old man said “I took her on a Date Night” , held his wife’s hand, kissed her hand while she was shy and told their children “Today’s actually a very special day for us. It’s our fifty-seventh wedding anniversary.”
(After that they wished them and scolded for showing attitude of a newly married but with love).

Age doesn’t matter to experience love and adventure in life :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

-Sacchu

4 Likes

Love love love! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: @Monkey_scribbles

1 Like

Beautiful :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

:grin::grin:

:heart::heart:

1 Like

A day which start usually as rest of the day like nobody cares. Everything is in their proper place according to their time. But the day was shining and sun was smiling with its outmost beauty. I was preparing tea for my children and borunvita for my grandchildren as you know without this beverage their day will not be satisfactory. My daughter-in-law is also helping me towards preparing some meal. I prepared one cup of tea for my lovely husband and i put one rose besides a plate , a card & some chocolate cookies too. As my hubby is suffering from diabetes so sweets are not allowed but on this special occasion i have allowed him to have some taste of some cookies and you know what he loves sweet cookies so much. I started to walk upstairs with my hand full of things and after coming near to my room i couldn’t knock it but surprisingly he opened it for me and welcome me by hugging. I was smiling by showing his love and you know how can one hug a day can melt my all struggle so keeping asides my thoughts now i have to give him his present. I pick the rose and propose him by saying that " you are my life without i can’t imagine my life how measurable could be. I want you besides me always and everytime. I want to see every sunrise and sunset with you. I want you to love me as you always do. So happy anniversary darling. " By saying that my husband again huged me tight and tiny droplets of water came out of his eyes which fall on my shoulder. After that I hold the plate in front of him and he was happy to see cookies as his facial expressions changed. He took the tea and by diping the cookies in tea put in his mouth. He also read my card and put it in the storage with my other anniversary’s card. As he was enjoying his breakfast i was seeing him lovingly and then suddenly he put some cookies in my mouth. I ate the cookies and he kissed on my forehead saying thank you for this beautiful morning. I was so happy and then i touched his feet for showing my faithfulness towards him . He lifted me by touching shoulder and hug me. There was a complete silent for five minutes and we were deeply into each other without knowing what happening to this outer world. After that i started crying with this much love and all the scene is watched by my family standing besides the door. They came and hugged me . I was unable to express the happiness that time and after that all my family sat together for the morning breakfast.

3 Likes

Lovely💕 @Surya_Kant

1 Like

Thnkew @unknown_soul :heart_eyes::see_no_evil::heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

awesome bro, fabulous, great post man :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

great one to read and feel :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Thankew :heavy_heart_exclamation::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

1 Like