Life @YJHD

My scene started when I see as watching them in tv again and saw in my dreams

In YJHD, there’s a scene where Aditi tells Bunny, “kya jaldi jaldi bade ho gaye naa hum?” I have been going back to that scene a lot these past few days.

Life in university was sheltered. I deep cleaned my room twice a month, did my laundry once a week, went to the doctor all by myself and I thought I had cracked it. I thought I knew what it meant to be an adult. But they don’t prepare you for life outside an institution.

They don’t give you a syllabus you need to study to keep your mental health in check. They don’t give you monthly tests to check up on your progress. They don’t tell you which road is safer, and which one is cut out just for you. They don’t tell you about the cost of following your dreams, and the cost of not wanting to leave your aging parents back home. Neither do they tell you about the stress in work spaces, or about the decreasing conversations with your friends. This stuff, they tell you, you gotta figure out on your own.

So, one day, you are 5, and the teacher asks you about your ambition. You can’t spell ‘ambition’ but you say you want to be a doctor, an engineer, an actor, an airhostess, an astronaut. The sky is the limit, they tell you. But then one day, you are 23. You now have ‘dreams’, not ambitions. The sky keeps falling on you. And if you are lucky, you will make it out, without an ailing mental health, without fear and self doubt, without the headache for money and bills, without having to sell your soul.

So, you grow up. You compromise like compromise is your middle name. Everything you know, have known, keeps on changing. Your parents won’t always have the answer.

And then, your friend will one day, announce her engagement. Yesterday, you were 5. Today, your friends are getting hitched. And before you even know it, you become more and more like your parents - even if you were sure you won’t be anything like them! But you forget, they were infact, just like you.

Aditi sahi thi. Kya jaldi jaldi bade ho gaye naa hum?

5 Likes

oh my…dii how beautifully na u wrote the truth …damm kitna jaldi compromises k sath we grow up like parents,even if we don’t wanted to…thanks for writing the truth and letting us know the diference of dreams and ambition…deep one… btw i have never seen the movie but how u explored everything with just a line of movie touched…:orange_heart:sorry for the large comment…diii :upside_down_face::wink:

3 Likes

I really don’t know what to say about this! Each and every word of yours can be felt, truly. God bless you. :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you so much :hugs: sweetie pie and tried to do so love you re daughter

1 Like

Thank you so much :hugs: riyu ji

1 Like