Humanity is above any religion

The next evolutionary step for humankind is to move from man to kind. All mankind, from the beginning of the world to this day, have been quarrelling, fighting over religion. The world does not need more pestilential misogynistic pricks to Christianize, Muslimize or basically dogmatize the society the world needs passionate courageous souls to humanize the society.

People fight over religion, because they don’t understand religion. They think reading a few Bibles, Qurans and Vedas makes them religious. Books are not religion my friend. Real religion is realization of being human and live life with a purpose to serve humanity. The real Jihad is an internal process, not an external one and the real terrorism is born of fundamentalism not of religion.

Forget organized religions. Forget scriptures. Forget Gods, Fathers, Sons and Spirits. Forget all dogmas taught by the representatives of theoretical religion, and then only you shall be able to visualize the true core of religion.

A religious individual may most gloriously carry out his or her own rituals, as a part of his or her cultural identity, but the moment, that person starts to build a wall of separation between the self and the rest of humanity, coaxed by the textual commands of a scripture, the healthy religiousness turns into dangerous fundamentalism, which is a threat to both the self and the society.

Everyone of us always thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing themself first. Each of us must work for our own improvement, and at the same time share a general responsibility for all humanity. Humanity should be our race. Love should be our religion. We cannot despair of humanity, since we ourselves are human beings.

I have no race prejudices, and I think I have no color prejudices or caste prejudices nor creed prejudices. Indeed I know it. I can stand any society. All that I care to know is that a man is a human being that is enough for me, he can’t be any worse. We all need humanity, more than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. One must accept the fact that no religion is ever greater than humanity.

We may have different religions, different languages, different colored skin, but we all belong to one human race. We all share the same basic values of life. During bad circumstances, which is the human inheritance, we must decide not to be reduced. We must have our humanity, and we must not allow anything to reduce that. We are obliged to know we are global citizens. Disasters remind us we are world citizens, whether we like it or not. Let our religions be less of a theory and more of kindness and humanity.

As Albert Einstein has said “The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything”.

People all over the world think JIHAD IS KILLING PEOPLE. Where in the actual meaning of jihad is striving or struggle for the benefit of the community or the restraint of personal sins. And also it refers to the human struggle to promote what is right and to prevent what is wrong.

Until religious fundamentalism is eradicated from the human society. Until the whole humanity learns to scrutinize its most revered scriptures with the sharp tool of reasoning. Saving one life is saving whole humanity.

If one does not have the basic conscientious capacity to refute the primitive textual verses of the scriptures that demand one to kill or torture another being for holding a different belief system than one’s own, then that entity is no being of the civilized human society, it is merely a pest from the stone age.

No Quran, no Bible, no Gita, is greater than the human self.

There shall be hope for harmony and peace in the world, only when fundamentalism is destroyed forever. Harmony is not a luxury, it is an existential necessity of the species. And to achieve it, if a hundred Bibles have to be sacrificed, then be it. But for no Bible, Quran or Gita, can harmony be compromised.

A Muslim who prays five times a day and yet beats his wife at home, is no religious person. A Christian who goes to Church every Sunday, and yet never talks to his or her neighbor with a smile on the face, is no religious person. On the other hand, an outspoken atheist who most lovingly talks and listens to people of all religions without any bigotry or prejudice is a hundred times more religious than all the theoretical preachers of all religions combined.

If we ask a random orthodox religious person, what is the best religion, he or she would proudly claim his or her own religion to be the best. A Christian would say Christianity is the best, a Muslim would say Islam is the best, a Jewish would say Judaism is the best and a Hindu would say Hinduism is the best. It takes a lot of mental exercise to get rid of such biases.

Beliefs are a quintessential part of the human psyche, but they can be both healthy and harmful. And the beliefs of the fundamentalist Australopithecines are particularly harmful. These beliefs are what we call “delusions”. Except unlike in a neuropsychological ailment, the delusion of the fundamentalists is not just harmful for the individuals suffering from it, but more importantly it is the greatest threat to peace, progress and well being of the entire human species.

Finally, I would conclude by saying that there has been more bloodshed in the name of God rather than for any other cause or a good deed. A great woe underpinning the sorrows of the world today is this, so many people think they are far better than others and they are too righteous than others, and they know far better than others, and such thoughts give them reasons for an otherwise action. Whether a religion is of peace or violence should be defined by the actions of its people, not by some books.

4 Likes

:clap::clap::clap::clap::fire:

1 Like

Thank you sis :heart:

1 Like