Dear Zindagi

We all are searching for life and true friendship
And obviously a councilor to heal us

These two lines are one of the greatest lessons I got from ‘Dear Zindagi’. Words fall short to describe how much this movie means to me. First of all, it talks about mental health; a topic which is so rarely talked about in India and which almost makes mental health a taboo. But this movie teaches you that it’s totally alright to have a mental disorder and it’s totally alright to ask for help; it doesn’t make you weak.

Secondly, this movie has personally helped me evolve as a person. Shahrukh and Alia captured my heart with their portrayal of the characters, and honestly, I’d really like it if Dr. Jehangir Khan was a real counsellor.

Talking about the setting, this movie is based a lot in Goa, and that adds a lovely charm to the movie. The scene where Shahrukh and Alia play kabaddi by the ocean is absolutely pure and makes me feel joyful whenever I watch it. That has got to be my favourite scene in the movie, because it taught me that there’s so much happiness to be found in simple things.
This movie basically taught me that we need to fall in love with ourselves and our life. We’ve got just one life, why spend it at war with ourselves and why not learn to love ourselves for who we are?"

4 Likes

Well said… loved the concept

1 Like

I haven’t seen the movie but I surely, liked the message :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This movie is :heart: and the inspiration you got from it to write this is absolutely lovely. :heart:

2 Likes

Thank you so much will write again soon

1 Like

Yes re thank you so much :hugs:

Surely writing soon like this

1 Like

that’s great to hear :smiley:

1 Like

Haha

1 Like