Dear Anjali 😊

"Dear Anjali,
I never knew that my life will be changed gradually just like you when I watched you for the first time.
You were the woman I thought I’d be when I fall in love. I was just 7 years old, and I didn’t understand you. But at 12, I knew how it feels to fall in love with your best friend. I have always been told that I was extremely tomboyish when I was a kid. I had thick curly hair I didn’t like to comb and bushy, unibrow and I didn’t care! That has to be the most confident I had ever been until I fell in love with a boy who loved long hair and pretty faces. I had begun to change for him. I found myself combing my hair frantically hoping they’d just straighten out or begging my mom to just do away with my eyebrows. You somehow convinced me that it is the only way I will ever be loved.

Guess what? It worked alright but didn’t last long. I realized soon enough that even though I wanted him in my life, I will never be me just someone he’d love me to be.

It’s a long journey from short-hair Anjali to long-hair Anjali and back.

When I saw you again at 18, I just shook my head at your naivety. It was so obvious that you landed with the wrong guy. Why? Maybe because he saw you only when you had become his version of beautiful. Would he still love you if you hadn’t changed? We’ll never know. I just wanted to ask you, “Are you really letting this man turn you into someone you aren’t?” I was so angry at you for leaving Aman.

I was 22 years old when I realized that when people are in love, they don’t see things the way others do. You loved Rahul and he was the only dream you saw ever since you were 18. How could you let him go?

But I’d still have wished for a better ending. I would have wanted you to stay the same—a kick-ass basketball player with shorthair. I would have wanted to see you grow into a woman who is confident in her own skin. I would have wanted to see Rahul fall in love with you then, when you still looked like his ‘jhalli’ Anjali. If not, I’d have loved to see you choose Aman.

I don’t blame you. We are all fools in love. But I really wish you had a different story. Because if love is friendship, then a friend is someone who loves you just the way you are."

2 Likes

We all are fools when in love, true that. :heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much riyu :grin:

2 Likes